鶹ӳӰ

History

鶹ӳӰ in Beaumont, Texas was founded in 1923 a few blocks from the current location as South Park Junior College and enrolled 125 students in its first fall semester. The name changed to Lamar College in 1932 in honor of Mirabeau B. Lamar, second president of the Republic of Texas and the “Father of Education” in Texas. In the early 1940s, Lamar separated from the South Park school district, which had created the college, and moved to its current location.

In 1951, the school became Lamar State College of Technology, a state-supported four-year institution, the first junior college in Texas to make such a transition. Lamar experienced tremendous growth during the 1950s and 1960s in both the number of students and the number of buildings on campus.

1920s

1920s

 

LU in the 1920s
1930s

1930s

 

LU in the 1930s
1940s

1940s

 

LU in the 1940s
1950s

1950s

 

LU in the 1950s
1960s

1960s

 

LU in the 1960s
1970s

1970s

 

LU in the 1970s
1980s

1980s

 

LU in the 1980s
1990s

1990s

 

LU in the 1990s
2000s

2000s

 

LU in the 2000s
2010s

2010s

 

LU in the 2010s
2020s

2020s

 

LU in the 2020s